According to ZHANG Guokun, director of Shanghai’s Municipal Agriculture and Rural Committee, an “action plan” during the next five-years planning period “145” will implement five major actions:
- green production rate will rise to 60%, and green agricultural products certification rate to 30% or more,
- 12 “beautiful ecological pastures” will be constructed,
- 100 national aquaculture health demonstration farms will be founded, and the proportion of green and healthy aquaculture will reach 80%,
- ecological recycling agriculture will be promoted, with 2 ecological recycling agriculture demonstration areas, 10 demonstration towns and 100 demonstration bases,
- 100,000 mu (about 6,700 ha) of unmanned farms for food production will be founded which create a number of intelligent vegetable (fruit) gardens, and include 20,000 mu of high standard vegetable green production bases. Thus, the basis for the development of digital agriculture will be advanced, a digital agricultural information platform will be established in Shanghai, and the digital management of the whole industry chain will be improved, including innovation in the seed industry and an agricultural germplasm resource protection system.
Oriental microblog, January 12, 2021